Prune Ice Cream with Armagnac Chaser

You may also like...

8 Responses

1. susie says:

I am totally game for ice cream and liquor for breakfast. Seriously if the liquor is in the ice cream it doesn’t even count as drinking!!!

• Cassandra Wellington says:

@susie You are correct – the two cancel each other out. It’s a proven medical fact.

2. susie says:

It occurred to me that your taking shots in-between bites…. can’t I just pour the liquor on the ice cream it’s much easier on my conscience to eat the liquor with the ice cream first thing in the morning than drink it. lol.

3. Cassandra Wellington says:

For those that aren’t on our Facebook (and you can be at http://www.facebook.com/dirtygirlskitchen), we are playing a little game. Because prunes seem to frighten folks, we are opening it up to you. We at the DGK are fearless. So fearless in fact that we want you to PITCH us an ice cream flavor for us to craft into a recipe for the site. Post your suggestion below – answer that makes us laugh the hardest wins. We’ll even toss in some swag from our store. Ready? Steady? GO!

4. vanilla_cake says:

Wow! This is the best use for prunes I have ever seen! Love it :)!

• Cassandra Wellington says:

@vanilla_cake Awwww, thanks! You’ll have to play my favorite game of “Serve to guests and see if they can even guess what it is.” An old friend who was a chef turned me on to this trick at a dinner party of his a long while back, and I’m hooked. People taste and retaste and retaste and are befuddled but addicted to the ridiculously delicious flavor. Game time never felt so good!

1. January 13, 2012

[…] you the mic and have you tell us exactly what ice cream flavor you thought was more unique than Prune Ice Cream, you guys delivered.  But now it’s time to pick a winner. And why settle for one when you […]