Ageists, step to the side - who says that an old banana can't be the sweetest thing you've ever put in your mouth? With a luxe combination of bananas, butter, brown sugar and booze, this recipe proves the naysayers wrong. Dead wrong.
Goodbye, Dirty Birdies!
*singing Portishead* Nobody loves me, it’s true. Not like you do.
I don’t care if it’s the Dirty Girl way to leave the party well before it fizzles out – it doesn’t make it sting any less. Eve and I have been hush for a spell, and you may have wondered why. We decided that although this scandalous affair that we’ve had with you for the past few months has been no less than orgasmic, that we’ve got to push away from our keyboards for a spell.
It’s not really so much of a spell – it’s more like a full blown seizure. This may be the one regret of my existence…but onward and upward.
We’re heading out on a whole new bender that will include all of our favorite types of debauchery, and unfortunately, that leaves us no time to stay and play. We’re heartbroken because we’re crushing hard on you guys. But we’re open to coming back some day. Like some pact that if neither of us is married by 40, we’ll overdose together on truffles and champagne.
Oh, we’ll be back. You can’t stay away from me any more than you can stay away from the sassiness of our readers.
Facebook Tag Off
Ironically, right around the time we decided to blow this taco cart, we received some new love on our website. First, Chat n’ Dish (the sweetest lil’ grape in the vineyard, as far as we’re concerned) tagged us on Facebook for a game of three questions with the food blogger community and then a good ol’ fashioned spanking…I mean tagging of another 9 food bloggers. Check out our answers up there for a lil giggle.
And here are the nine bloggers that we’re tagging. For those of you not on Crackbook, we’ve linked to their actual websites below.
- Necessary Indulgences
- You Know It Happens at Your House Too
- Go Cook Yourself
- Bananas for Bourbon
- The Paper Cup Kitchen
- Happy Little Tomato
- Fifteen Spatulas
- Juanita’s Cocina
- Movita Beaucoup
Versatile Blogger Award
Then, good ol’ Vanessa R. of Mango Ginger nominated us for a Versatile Blogger Award. For those of you that don’t know about this sexy little award, it’s a torch passed from blogger to blogger where you share 7 facts about yourself and nominate another set of blogs (up to 15) that you regularly follow.
First, we get to give a shout out to our nominator – Vanessa is a foodie after our own hearts, tackling global cuisine with a voracious appetite and a sharp set of knives. Her blog has turned us into voyeurs, dreaming of racking up frequent flyer miles and kilos of spices without everyday life getting in the way. If you don’t check out her site now, you’re a fucking dummy.
Next, as part of the award, we tell you seven things about us…
Eve’s Seven Facts
- I’d slather myself in foie gras or really good buffalo wings and be content for the night.
- I actually prefer to have others cook for me, but since almost no one does it well, I’ll just have to fucking do it myself.
- Everyone looks sexy in an apron. And heels.
- I’ve perfected eating without completely vandalizing my red lipstick.
- In order of preference: Alcohol WITH bubbles and pink. Alcohol without bubbles and pink. Alcohol with bubbles, any color. Alcohol.
- You can’t tell me to shut up. You just can’t. Its a completely ineffective mechanism. Now if you SURPRISE me I will temporarily shut my mouth.
- If I had to choose, I’d choose my own kitchen over Vegas. However, my kitchen makes no claims to secret keeping.
Cass’ Seven Facts
- I used to be a trapeze artist in a travelling circus. I still have a discreet tattoo of circus peanuts on my ass. I’m thinking of expanding it to an entire body piece of a three ring circus.
- I lost my left pinky in a card game that went wrong, but was able to have it sewn back on.
- I have an extensive wardrobe of bejeweled aprons inspired by the stylings of Liberace.
- When I’m low on booze, I’ve been know to craft rubbing alcohol into delicious cocktails for delicious guests.
- When I’m low on patience, I’ve also been known to spike desserts with valerian root and Nyquil to get rid of not-so-delicious guests.
- Soup can never be too hot for me. I think my mouth might be made of asbestos.
- If I’ve had you in my kitchen, know that there is something extraordinary about you. Even if I kick you out the next morning.
And now we get to nominate a gaggle of our friends – we compel you to check them out online, lest we beat you with a spatula. And not in the sexy way.
- Weave a Thousand Flavors
Dev has had our hearts for a long time, and her food makes us curse the fact that we’re so many miles away from her.
Pennie gives us giggle fits, she is a dirty girl through and through, and she has a penchant for craving and cooking the same things as us. Is there such a thing as a craving twin?
Kimmi is that friend that blows you away with her mastery of healthy + delicious + scandalous recipes, and before you can get jealous, she says something so fucking filthy that you’re reminded of how awesome she is. Adore.
- Beetle’s Kitchen Escapades
Amrita has the enthusiasm for crafting recipes that I have for popping bottles of champagne, and she does it all with class and sass. Plus, her food photos are positively divine. God, we love this girl!
- Fragrant Vanilla Cake
Amy makes us want to throw out every last bit of meat in our fridges in exchange for a date to sit at her table and eat some of the sweetest treats we have ever seen in our whole lives. We’re smitten, kittens!
- Cooking for Two
Missy is our soul sister, we are convinced. She’s a dirty girl debutante and we want to make her a goddamn crown for her sweet recipes and salty wit.
- The Unorthodox Epicure
Adam reminds us that of all the foodie sites in the blogosphere, the ones we like the best are laden with opinions. Firm ones. Super hard. Wait, what were we talking about again?
Not to get all sappy fucking Jerry Maguire here, but this bitch had us at hello. Her site is salty in all the right ways and we wish that there were more of her out there tellin’ it like it is.
- Savour the Senses
Jenny makes us hungry. Really hungry. Like so hungry that we routinely lick our screens when we visit her site. And we don’t even care if people judge us for it. We’re proud to do it. Because her food is that good.
- The Smart Cookie Cook
Of all the things that a dirty girl values the most, brains (not brain, but brains) is on the top of the list. We loved the site by name, but then we saw some of Colleen’s videos and THEN we saw Mr. McChip and just lost our shit. We were crushing hardcore.
- Sarah Cupcake
Don’t let the name fool you. Sarah runs the full gamut of sweet and savory, and she does it all in such a chic way. We love a girl with a wealth of talents, no doubt.
- Spice or Die
Formerly Adesina’s Kitchen, Ange’s created Spice or Die to share her reckless abandon in the kitchen. This girl bleeds the mantras of the DGK and cooks as aggressively as we drink. Plus, when she gets fired up, she has a potty mouth. So sexy.
Anways, bottom line is that we adored our time mussing up your kitchen some kind of dirty, and we hope that you’ll each carry on the torch for all us scandalously fabulous, painfully gorgeous and foul-mouthed culinarians that manage to spice up this hum drum world with some necessary excitement.
Dahlinks, really, this isn’t so much of goodbye as the last few months were a perfectly fantastic dream. Having this many voyeurs into our lives of kitchen debauchery was more than we could have asked for. And who knows..when we get back from our world tour, maybe we’ll drop back in on you bitches. Because trust us – we’re gonna miss you more!