Ageists, step to the side - who says that an old banana can't be the sweetest thing you've ever put in your mouth? With a luxe combination of bananas, butter, brown sugar and booze, this recipe proves the naysayers wrong. Dead wrong.
Dirty Dishes #1 – Down and Dirty Thanksgiving, Trash Talking, Comfort Foods, What NOT To Bring For Thanksgiving
|On This Episode
Our first ever podcast! Fair warning: Get your headsets out, Dirty Birdies, because this is NSFW, pets or kids. Join us as we answer such pressing questions as to whether we’re pro-choice on maraschino cherries or not, what NOT to bring to Thanksgiving dinner, how to REALLY cook a turkey, how to compensate for inadequate pies, and most importantly, what to drink in preparation for your family-licious holiday. Oh, and then there’s all this:
Shocking Finds This Week
- Don’t forget to vote for which Honey Badger YOU’LL be drinking and settle our battle once and for all:
- Check out the turkey roulade Cassandra talks about + truffled mashed potatoes.
- Let us know what YOU think a drink called “Sugar Walls” will consist of. Fuck, send us what you got and we’ll taste test anything, live, on air.
- Check out the Sporkful podcast with Amy Sedaris (11/18/2015)
- Check out Lenny Kravitz’ thunder from down under (8/4/2015) NSFW – but then again, is any of this SFW?
- And let us know in the comments below whether you’re pro-maraschino or not.
Saucy Recipes from this Episode
Fresh Cranberry Relish
1 bag of fresh cranberries
1 small orange (or 3 seedless mandarins or clementines)
1 tbs. of crystallized ginger (candied ginger) pieces
1/3 to 1/2 c. of sugar, to taste
Cut the orange in half and then into 1 inch pieces. Add all ingredients to the food processor and pulse until it forms a chunky relish. Pour mixture into a bowl and let sit for at least 5 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
Busted Pie and Cocaine Trifle
1 pie donated by someone that DID NOT come correct (pumpkin, sweet potato and pecan work well)
4 tbs. of melted butter
4 tbs. of brown sugar
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
2 tbs. of bourbon
2 tbs. white sugar
pinch of salt
2 c. of chopped toffee
Scoop out filling from the pie and set aside in a small bowl. Take crust, crumble and mix with melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake on 350 until golden and sexy, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Beat the shit out of your whipped cream, bourbon, white sugar and salt until stiff. Because we all know you need a stiff one. Layer the pie filling, whipped cream, crumble and toffee in a trifle dish. Top with extra cinnamon, and then go to town.
Oh shit! We forgot to add the cocaine! Oh well, next time.